Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tour de Pain: Extreme 5k

After my amazing half marathon that Saturday morning, Tim and I went back the hotel to rest and shower and stretch. Side note, the race had physical therapy students from the University of North Florida there to stretch people out. My amazing boyfriend observed exactly how they stretched my IT bands and surprised me by stretching them for me later that day. How great is he??

Jaguar's Stadium

Anyways, after we checked out we headed to the beach. I've never been to Jacksonville before this so it was exciting to cross another beach off my list. It was gorgeous out. We didn't have swimsuits, but walking with our feet in the ice cold water was still very fun. It was a beautiful day, but the beach wasn't terribly crowded so this made it amazing.




After our lovely walk, we headed to Tim's friend's house to chill until we all had to go back for the 5k. I'm not going to lie I enjoyed doing nothing and relaxing for the afternoon.

We all headed back around 5 so we had time to be there and get situated before the 6pm 5k began. I have to tell you that after running a 10k and a half marathon in less than 24 hours, a 5k is the last thing you'd like to do.

The 5k had a similar course to the other races, but obviously shorter. My body hated this race. I must have walked close to half of it. I would have walked across the finish line if a lovely woman hadn't said "Come on girl, you can do it!" about .25 before the finish. Thank you random stranger! You are awesome!!

Struggle Bus to the finish

I still finished in 33:57. Not my best 5k ever, but I can't really complain for how much I had put my body through already.

New friends and our new medals!

Overall, this was a fantastic weekend. I greatly enjoyed getting to know Tim's old friends better, seeing new places, going to the beach, spending time with my man, and running some great races. I'm not sure if I would do this one again, but you can bet I'll be doing the regular Tour de Pain come August!!

Until Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment