Saturday, April 20, 2013

Florida hot

I LOVE hot weather! Growing up in Michigan my summers were definitely still full of 80 degree days, but the weeks we came to Disney World were another level of hot. There's a big difference in 85 degrees for each place, to say the least.

I still love it though. I would much rather be hot than cold. However, I have no idea how people can run at noon on any day above 70ish in Florida. Are you crazy?? How are you not dying of heat exhaustion??

Apparently my body doesn't do well like this. "But you'll sweat," they say!. "It'll be great," they say! Oh yes, until my pace drops to a jog of a 25 minute mile pace and I'm keeling over to die.



Needless to say I do not enjoy running I'm the heat. I would much rather run in the evening. The sun is going down, it's getting cooler, there are less people out, the sky is beautiful, and oh yeah, it's not HOT!!

You'll have to forgive my extreme opinion on the matter and I really do think people who run during the middle of the hot Florida sunshine are nutso, but if you aren't passing out and dying, all the more power to ya.

Thoughts on running in the heat?

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment