Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I am Boston

Yesterday was extremely devastating to me. The events at Boston were so horrific and they hit so close to home. I think anyone who has ever run a race or seen one in progress understands what I mean.

That could have been me. That could have been my family, my boyfriend, or my friends. While I may not know anyone directly affected, they are my family and friends. I am a runner. I am what happened at Boston. It will forever be a part of who I am as an athlete. I may never qualify or run Boston, but I was a part of this years race. Everyone in the running community was.

We must stand together and be the fighters each one of us is. We will move past this terrible event and we will grow stronger.

My thoughts go out to everyone in Boston and anyone affected by this tragedy. You are so incredibly strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment