Sunday, April 14, 2013

Post Race Blues

Two weeks after my amazing weekend of races (recaps herehere, and here), I have been struggling with the post race blues. I took an entire week of running after the race to do nothing but stretch and relax. This week I have spent every day since Tuesday doing some form of cross training.

School offers so many different group fitness classes that I figured if I could find a friend or two to join me, I would have a better chance of going. This week I attended a total body class, a core class, a cycling class, and a total body adventure class. I also ran (this is a loose term) 2 miles and went to the gym where I did 2 miles on the treadmill and some weights.



I loved the total body class. This kicked my butt and made me realize how much I want to be a more well rounded athlete. I was sore for days!!

I also greatly enjoyed my core class and the total body adventure class I took. Core was basic. 30 minutes and a great workout with a great teacher. TBA was taken outside and we did circuits for most of it. I LOVED this. It was definitely hard, but I enjoyed every minute of it. And we saw a lady with her huge bunny outside. Did you know bunnies get that big??

Not the same bunny, but still huge!
On to the gym day with my boyfriend. Again, I just haven't really had the motivation to do much running. The 2 miles on the treadmill were killer. My body was fine, but my mind won and I got off at 2. Here's the really cool thing. I walked over to Tim, who had been benching on the bench machine, and he caught me staring at the regular bench. "Want to try?" I have no idea why this response came out of my mouth "Yeah," but it did. First time benching. It was HARD!! He had me do 10 with just the bar, 8 with 50lbs, and 6 with 55lbs. Those were the hardest. But hey! I did it!! Who would have thought?? Not me, that's for sure.



I'm really looking forward to testing my body and pushing it to it's limits and becoming a better runner and better athlete!!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment