Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

While I'm not typically a huge fan of Valentine's day, I am a huge fan of love and passion and sharing your life with someone. I'm pretty sure this is what V day started out as, but then morphed into a "buy me something!" holiday. I really really don't like that aspect of it. I believe that people should be grateful for what they have. So today I'm going to list a few of the things I'm grateful for this day of love.

1. My lover- He is just so supportive and so amazing.
2. My friends - Each and every one of them is so special in their own way.
3. My puppy Daisy! - my baby girl. Need I say more?
4. The University of Florida - My newest adventure! Giving me new pride and new purpose!
 -Should I add Albert? - who doesn't love Albert??
5. My strong legs! - They take quite a beating and they carry me anyway
6. Running - My strength, my passion, my goal, and my therapy
7. My daddy - He is always there for me no matter what.
8. The city I'm in - Smaller city, great people!
9. The people I meet - I'm such a chatty Kathy and if you give me the time, I love to hear about people's stories!
10. My health - This one I do my best to never look over. I'm so grateful for the amazing health I've been blessed with.

This list is in no particular order and one thing is not more important than the next or previous. I just think that it's great to make lists like this sometimes. There are so many great things in our lives and so many people don't stop and realize what we have. We all need to be more mindful of our surroundings. Pay more attention to others! I was astonished that I hadn't noticed there were berries growing on a tree outside of one of my classes until Tuesday. It's been 6 weeks of class!!

As I get off track, V day is a day for loving. So make sure everyone around you knows that you love them and how much they mean to you!!

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment