Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lists and Rants

I always have plenty to do with school. Especially because I'm at a new one. I feel like I'm still getting into a routine that I can rely on. Currently my schedule is kind of a mess though and I should probably be doing hw or writing out another to do list, but I decided to write instead.

I'm not going to lie I had a hard first round of tests and I've vowed to do ten times better on everything else to come. I'm very nervous about not getting good grades and not getting into a graduate program that I want. I realize this is far enough in the future that I should just be worrying about what I'm doing right now, but it's hard for me sometimes. I feel like I have quite a plateful right now.

The good thing is, my birthday is on Friday!! Yay birthday!! I mean it's not anything too special considering I'll just be 22, but that's kind of exciting. 22. I feel a bit older. I mean 22 is when you're supposed to be graduating college and getting a job and all these other big kid things, but I still have at least 3 semesters of school left, so we'll go slow. During my 22nd year I would like to complete my first and second marathon, run a half marathon with Tim, accumulate at least a 3.8 GPA, and get some running PR's. Trivial I know. But that's ok. These are all just guidelines. I don't need a strict plan, just some ideas.

I'm getting super excited to run my 5k with Daisy on the 23rd. It'll definitely be interesting to say the least. I'm hoping she does stellar and doesn't get scared with all the noise. We'll see how it goes. Maybe we'll get a PR. Technically this will only be the second 5k I've ever run. The last one I ran was in 2009 and I'm not even sure what my time was. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Because I've been sick, I haven't run since the middle of last week and tomorrow morning I'm running 5.5ish with Anna at 5:30am. That's right. AM!! It's my first early morning run that wasn't at the gym on a treadmill for 1 mile or less. I'm praying my lungs can handle it after the flu. If not, I may just have to take a break until our 8 mile run Saturday. I plan on making my way to the store for some gel and gummies for the long run!! Always need to be prepared!!

I color coded my calendar today per someone's suggestion in keeping me organized. I'm hoping it helps considering I feel like it gets more full every day. I may not be crazy busy, but I feel like I usually have at least a few things to do.

I'm doing my best to organize my life and get things together so I can be the best I can be. I just have to believe in myself and my intelligence. All I have to do is put in some elbow grease and make sure I stay on track. I can do anything I set my mind to.

"If you dream it, You can do it" Walt Disney

Hope you didn't get too bored reading this if you made it to the bottom!!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment