Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I have a plan

I officially have a race plan for my adventure at the end of March. I've decided that using a half marathon training plan will be my best bet. I found a quick 10 week plan from Marathon Rookie that I have technically already started.

I'm not going to lie I'm a little nervous jumping into a program like this so fast. I've been off for 3 months and then I had a 2 mile run and a few gym days before I ran my 3 miles Monday (which went swimmingly, although slow). I realize this might be a bit much to sink my teeth into, but I know I can always modify my training if I feel like I'm on the path to new or worsening injury.

I think this is going to be the best bet for me and hopefully it will work for Anna as well ( who is in quite a bit better shape than I am at the moment).

Again, I am so excited to have a running buddy! I just don't want to hold her back! That is never a beneficial partnership, but I think we'll make it work.

To a new training plan and new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment