Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Being Behind

I guess this one means a few things for me right now. It has context in school and my running.

In school, I'm a bit behind literally. I've been attempting to a play a little bit of catch up seeing as my admission and financial aid was a bit of a spur of the moment. I've been doing everything I can to get things done and work my schedule so everything gets equal value. I'm not going to lie, it's a bit rough right now. It's never fun going into a new semester at a new school and already being behind.

I'm finally getting into the swing of things though. I'm not as behind and by the end of the week (which finishes in a  test and a paper), I should be all set. It will be a very nice weekend in that way! I'm hoping to have an amazing semester and I'm doing my best not to let the stress get to me just yet.

As for my running, being behind doesn't have anything to do with my training. I'm actually right on track with my running buddy Anna. Let me just say again how lovely it is to have someone to hold you accountable and keep the runs entertaining. My behind is in the time. I have been struggling a bit with slower times due to the 3 month hiatus I took at the end of the year. I realize it will take me some time to build that speed again, but it's still a little frustrating.

For now, I'm doing everything that I can to focus on completing my mileage so I can have an amazing race at the end of March. Even though it is so far away, I'm getting a little more excited each day. I know that completing the mileage will be the most important goal in our training and we are doing a pretty fantastic job so far at it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment