Friday, March 22, 2013

Craziness

Well it's been quite a week!! I've not exactly had a bunch of free time, but it's Friday and now I have too much free time!

I've spent most of this week studying for 2 tests that were today and yesterday. Along with studying came study group and 2 meetings. I only got 2 runs done, but I figure it was a good week to let my body take a break because my mind was doing so much work!!

I am officially one week away from my race weekend!! I booked a hotel today! Yay!! I'll be staying about a mile away from the race due to the fact that the host hotel was much more expensive than this college girl can afford!! I'm getting very excited!!

The only thing that separates me from this race is a small paper, two 3 mile runs, a 2 mile walk, and a lot of stretching, foam rolling, and rest!! I'm really hoping for a PR in my half marathon and I'll be getting an automatic PR in my 10k because I've never run one!! I might just have fun with the 10k though and take pictures so my legs aren't too tired for my half less than 12 hours later. Yikes!!

I can't say that anything too exciting is going on right now other than my race and school. I have an 8 mile run this weekend and then I'll be doing a bunch of lounging.

I did go grocery shopping today though! I'm super excited to be trying a few new recipes and redoing a few we liked from the last round. This batch of recipes includes sweet potato burgers, zucchini fries, rice and bean burgers, turkey burgers, the lovely stuffed pepper recipe we had not too long ago, and a few others. As you might be able to tell, I've been craving burgers lately and I feel like these are much healthier options. Especially when you think about how to fuel the week before the race!

I think that's enough rambling for now!

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment